EMA counts on a constantly growing pool of qualified experts who are able to give advice, monitor and enrich projects in several fields of the museum work. The expertise of EMA always has an added value: the European framework in which individual programmes are evaluated and enriched. EMA also counts on a large archive built during the years by its members during their professional activity.
The EMA experts are the best insiders of the European museum scene. It makes them the right people to look at a museum as outsiders. In particular members of the board of a museum, public authorities responsible for museums and cultural heritage, sponsors and funding agencies can profit from the knowledge and experience of the EMA experts.
EMA Consultancy guarantees a comparative approach which can bring in a well documented and updated knowledge of what is the state-of-the- art on a specific problem at the European level. More specifically there are five areas where the contribution by EMA experts can be fruitful for a museum or any organization dealing with museums matters :
- training (design and organization of training programmes)
- museum quality assessment (evaluation of the effectiveness of the exhibition and communication strategies)
- project enrichment (consultancy for developing an existing project or to help the start up phase)
- methodology and organization of European cooperation
- research projects (design of the research plan and compiling of documentary materials)
- proofreading for culture (a new service for supervising and editing captions and text in show in English to improve their linguistic and communicative quality)
EMA is a not for profit organization, it is its effort to keep the fee for its consultancy work in an area affordable for most museums. A typical consultancy service consists in the preliminary study of the case, one day and a half of visit of two experts from different countries and the consequent production of a Report of about 3,000 words focusing on the problematic areas for which the EMA expertise has been required.
If you are interested in this service , please write to:
Massimo Negri, EMA Director
Ann Nicholls, EMA Co-ordinator
We’ll be happy to work with you!